Well, PJ has been obsessed with golf lately! That's all he really talks about.... and last weekend he got the chance to go golfing with a friend. However, he started getting sick! He went anyway and later promised the girls to take them miniature golfing. They were sooooo excited! And, I was looking forward to spending some quality family time together! We went Saturday evening once the humidity had cooled off a litte... and by that time PJ was barely talking. He didn't want to disappoint us by not going.
Well, we got there. We each had a golf ball and club. We all took turns. There was no one in front of us! However... there were TONS of people behind us. We couldn't let people play through though because there were soooooo many behind us! PJ tried to patiently teach Janie and Audrey how to play but whenever he talked he sounded so MEAN (because of his fading voice). After a while he gave up on talking and we decided to break the game down into two clubs and two balls. PJ and Audrey were a team AND Janie and I were a team. We felt sooo rushed that we really didn't get to enjoy our time together. Some fun family time! We also came to realize that while Janie seemed to enjoy the golf thing... Audrey didn't quite have any interest! She was happy and followed along, but not interested in the actual attempt to get the ball in the hole.
The girls did, however, pause for a few cute pictures.


Afterward we went and grabbed a bite to eat.... where Janie ended up dropping one hamburger on the ground and then throwing up the next! WOW, what a night! I have learned my lesson... Do not go on family outing when Daddy is sick.... and could be passing those germs on to other family members. AND my family is not perfect... we will not have perfect fun every outing. I do love them dearly, but my fun filled evening wasn't actually all that fun! I still love them and nursed them all back to health over the following week. We are now in much better spirits... and I am planning our next family adventure: a garage sale! Wish me luck!
2 comments:
I enjoyed your story...but I'm sorry your night didn't go as planned....I can only imagine the pressure of trying to have fun and teach your kids mini golf while having the crowd behind you!!:) Love the blog background by the way!
Cute new background! And your girls are so beautiful! I'm so impressed with how much you are doing with your family this summer! It sounds so fun! Also, just wanted to let you know that I tagged you! Chanda tagged me and it was actually a pretty fun and easy tag!
Post a Comment